The best online casino’s now offer a range of benefits through their services and features, whether it be their range of games, ease of use or mobile options. However, for those looking to experience the excitement of a real-life casino in the comfort of your own home, live games are perhaps as close as you can get. When playing live dealer casino games online, there are now a variety of options available, with punters able to communicate with their fellow players, as well as croupiers. As a result of the popularity of live casino games, our experts have put together a list of some of the best platforms in this area, as well as some useful information for those who are new to this form of wagering.
What Makes Live Casino’s Unique?
When playing online casino games such as roulette or blackjack, you will generally be battling it out against a computer, with the wheel or cards being just pixels viewed on your screen. However, live casino games offer something unique in the fact that they bring all the excitement of real-life venues, including live dealers, real cards and real time video feeds.
It therefore comes as little surprise that live casinos are now hugely popular in the UK, with a large number of platforms to select from. Many sites now offer live casino games for as little as £0.50, with blackjack and roulette being joined by baccarat, hold’em and three-card poker, meaning that all gambling preferences are catered for.
What is a Live Casino
A live casino allows you to play table games like roulette, poker and blackjack in a virtual setting with real dealers and players. You are able to see the others and speak to them as if you were at a real casino. All you need is a webcam, microphone and a stable internet connection to join a live casino table.
Play in Real-Time
Live casinos actually let you take part in your favourite casino games in real-time. Everyone will see the exact same thing at the same time, and results are generated at the moment.
Play for Real Winnings
Just because you are playing in a live casino doesn’t mean you aren’t playing for anything other than cold hard cash. Except of course for some added bragging rights.
Join With Others
You play at a table or in a lobby with real players just like yourself. With live video feeds, you will even be able to see each other and interact.
Live Dealers at Your Service
Some of the best live casinos provide real-life croupiers and dealers that guide your game and give you that real casino treatment.
The Advantages of Live Casinos?
There are a number of advantages when it comes to playing live casino games, however perhaps the standout benefit is that punters get the best of both worlds, including the convenience of gambling from the comfort of their own home and the same excitement levels as experienced when in a brick-and-mortar casino. Players are likely to enjoy the experience of watching human croupiers deal cards in blackjack and spin the wheel in roulette, while many platforms even allow communication between the parties involved. Many customers will also feel that live games are more trustworthy and fairer, with real probabilities rather than random ones.
Types of Online Casino
There is also a variety of different types of online casinos, with some filming activity from real-life casinos, while others will use some form of studio in order to recreate the atmosphere and feel of such a venue. While playing online casino games is enjoyable, live casino games only help to enhance the excitement, with feeds and communication features aiding the user-experience.
Most Popular Forms of Live Casino Games
A number of the most well-known casino games are available in live versions, including the likes of blackjack and roulette. Let’s now take a closer look at some of the most popular live casino games available to players online today.
- Live Blackjack – Blackjack is undoubtedly the most popular form of live casino game today, where players battle it out against others, rather than just the dealer, similarly to when playing in a brick-and-mortar casino itself. Blackjack is a card game that revolves around scoring as close to 21 without going bust.
- Live Roulette – Despite not being quite as popular as blackjack, live roulette is still utilised many due to the mixture of luck and strategy involved. During live roulette games, players will see the courier spinning the wheel in just the same way as a real life casino. Those predicting the correct number or colour will win.
- Live Baccarat – This table game is offered by a large number of casinos, with each round being played between two hands, that of the player and the banker. Each round in baccarat has three potential outcome, a win for the player, win for the banker or a tie. Bacarrat variants come in the form of Punto Banco, Banque and Chemin de Fer.
- Live Hold’Em – Live Hold’Em is one of the most exciting casino games, played with just one 52-deck of cards. The aim of the game is to acquire the best possible five-card hand in order to defeat the banker, with more and more online casinos offering a range of titles in this area.
- Live Sic Bo – Sic Bo may not be one of the most commonly found casino games, however it is certainly growing in popularity when it comes to live options. During a game of Sic Bo, the dealer will roll 3 dice, with players having to bet on the outcome. A number of titles have been developed by leading software providers over recent times in this area.
How to Play?
If you have never experienced a live casino before, don’t worry; there aren’t any special tricks. Regardless, we are here to help you ease into the exciting realm of live casino gaming. Here’s what you need to do before you get started.
Register Your Account
Most sites allow you to create only one account on the main casino site. However, some might require you to create an account specific to the live casino section. You usually only need to provide basic contact information and don’t have to make a deposit.
Check the Welcome Bonus
All worthwhile online casinos offer tantalising welcome bonuses to start you off in good standing. What sets great live casinos apart from the rest is an exclusive live casino welcome bonus. Look for one as well as any eligibility requirements.
Decide How You Want to Play
Just like a physical casino, online live casinos cater to different players. You can play at tables with different limits and stakes that suit your budget and your risk tolerance. If you are a VIP, you might also get access to private lobbies.
Review Bonus T&Cs
All casinos have bonus T&Cs that restrict how bonus winnings can be used and when they can be withdrawn. Ensure that you have a firm grasp on this to avoid disappointment and to make sure you can take full advantage of your bonuses.
Where Can I Play Live Casino Games?
The best part about playing live casino games is that there are such a vast number of platforms catering for gamblers in this area, while there is also no need to choose between a regular online casino and live casino platform. Many of the casinos discussed on our site offer both regular and live games, whether it be roulette, blackjack or others.
Live Casino Game Developers
The majority of online casinos do not develop games themselves, with leading providers creating some of the most popular titles with players today. The same is also true when it comes to live casino games, which are developed by external software organisations, who specialise in this area of gambling. Below, readers can find some of the standout names in this area, who develop some of the most popular games available online today.
- Evolution Gaming – Evolution Gaming are a company who focus specifically upon live gambling software, with their work to the present day making them one of the best live dealer developers. Evolution Gaming have won several awards in the past, including the prestigious EGR Award for best casino game of the year.
- Playtech – Playtech is perhaps the best-known casino software developer in the industry, creating a range of titles across the board. Playtech offers casinos packages when it comes to services, with over 400 games, mobile apps and live platforms available. Playtech also famously created speed roulette, which is now one of the most popular forms of the casino game.
- Microgaming – Microgaming provide the biggest real money games selection in the industry today, coming with a range of themes. Microgaming are also well-known for their innovation, however they do not work in the mobile market, something in which comes as a disappointment to many.
- Extreme Live Gaming – Despite being relatively new to the market, Extreme Live Gaming has gained a good reputation thanks to their original live games, including Ra Roulette and Lucky Lady’s Roulette. They are now included on some of the biggest platforms in the UK, with their stock only likely to rise yet further.
With live casino games being relatively new to some players, our experts have delivered answers to some of the most commonly asked questions in this area, providing readers with a much clearer understanding of this form of gambling.
What are live casinos?
Live casinos provide live dealer games, meaning that players can feel like they are in a brick-and-mortar casino from the comfort of their own homes. Instead of a random number generator dealing your cards or spinning the roulette wheel, human dealers interact with players.
How do I start playing live casino games?
In order to start playing live casino games, customers must first find the platform that best meets their demands, before registering on that particular site.
Which is the best casino for live games?
There are now a huge number of live casinos on the web today, meaning that the best will be the one which best meets your needs and wants, allowing you to effectively carry out your gambling strategy. Factors such as game selection, licensing, regulation, customer support and promotions separate the best from the rest when it comes to live casino sites.
What games can I play in a live casino?
Live casinos now provide a range of games, helping to enhance the whole user-experience. Those registering with a live casino can expect to find a variety of titles when it comes to blackjack, roulette, Hold’Em, Baccarat and Sic Bo.
Whether it is an exceptional selection of games, outstanding customer service or fantastic live casino experiences, all of these ten UK online live casinos were chosen because they bring something special to the table. Some of the highlights include Mr Green’s Live Beyond Live virtual 3D live casino and the amazing promotions and bonuses exclusive to the William Hill live casino.